Jack Della Maddalena has a huge opportunity in front of him.
Maddalena will be fighting on the upcoming UFC 275 card on June 11, which will feature a light heavyweight title fight between Glover Teixiera and Jiri Prochazka, a flyweight title match between Valentina Shevchenko and Taila Santos and the card will also feature a rematch of the greatest women’s MMA fight of all time when Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk meet for the first time since their epic 2020 Fight of the Year.
While fans are buzzing over those three fights, it’ll be Maddalena who actually gets things started as he will kick off the main card against Ramazan Emeev.
For Maddalena, it shows how much the promotion thinks of him as he gets the honor of kicking off the main card of a huge pay per view event in just his second UFC outing.
Prior to the fight, Maddalena spoke with MyMMANews about his upcoming matchup with Emeev, the rise of Australian MMA and getting the opportunity to train alongside Alexander Volkanovski a few months ago.
You can watch his full interview in the video above.
A full list of fights scheduled for UFC 275 are listed below
- Glover Teixeira (C) vs. Jiri Prochazka – for the UFC light heavyweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (C) vs. Taila Santos – for the UFC flyweight championship
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili
- Jack Della Maddalena vs. Ramazan Emeev
- Rogerio Bontorin vs. Manel Kape
- Seungwoo Choi vs. Josh Culibao
- Brendan Allen vs. Jacob Malkoun
- Steve Garcia vs. Hayisaer Maheshate
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Kyung Ho Kang
- Andre Fialho vs. Jake Matthews
- Silvana Gomez Juarez vs. Na Liang
- Orion Cosce vs. Mike Mathetha
- Joselyne Edwards vs. Ramona Pascual