After eight amateur MMA contests, Kemoy Anderson will make his pro debut on September 28 at Southwest MMA Series XXIX, against Jalin Fuller.
“It’s very exciting. I know it’s going to be a big challenge. Everything is different, there’s more on the line. It’s definitely a whole new level, so I’m really looking forward to it,” said Anderson about making the jump to the pro ranks.
Knowing how tough of opposition he has in front of him, Anderson expects a wild fight. “I see the fight going everywhere. I see being on my feet for a little while. I see us being on the ground. I think it’s gonna be a real dogfight. I really think it’s going to be a tough fight and at the same time everybody I step in the cage with I think it’s going to be a hard fight. But that’s how I view all my opponents like it’s going to be a tough fight and we’re going in there well prepared.”
A mentality that was picked up during his wrestling days, Anderson said, “Every match you had, you never know what’s going to happen. You go in there doing what you’re prepared, knowing you’re ready to do what it takes to get that W.”
Check out the full interview at the top of the page.
- Welterweight: Jalin Fuller 1-0 (Luttrell/Yee MMA, ABQ, NM) vs. Kemoy Anderson 0-0 (10th Planet El Paso, TX)
- Lightweight: Ali “The Silent Assassin” Omar 1-1 (JW, ABQ, NM) vs. Michael Morgan
- Flyweight: Jesse Tafoya 1-2 (JW, ABQ, NM) vs. Josiah Reyes 0-0 (Lutrell/Yee MMA, Santa Fe Fitness and Martial Arts)
- Lightweight: Korey Windham 0-0 (Santa Fe Fitness, NM) vs. Baltazar Austin Loza 2-1 (Standfast Wrestling/MMA, Enid, OK)
- Bantamweight: Andre Mitchell 2-5 (Independent, Rio Rancho, NM) vs. Derrick Pringle 2-0 (Jackson’s Four Corners)
- Flyweight: Aaron Taylor 4-1 (Jackson’s Acoma, ABQ, NM) vs. Isiah Torres 7-2 (Steal City Fight Team, Pueblo, CO)
- Featherweight: Rakim Thorpe 6-3 (JW, ABQ, NM) vs. Dakota Munro 5-6 (Gym King Dom BJJ/ Alpha Ape, Carlsbad, NM)
- Featherweight: Val Guevara 0-0 (JW, ABQ NM) vs. Richard Jennings 4-2 (Desert Dynasty, Alamogordo, NM)
- Welterweight: Caleb Gunter 1-0 (JW, ABQ, NM) vs. Daniel Kartushyn 2-1 (Lutrell/Yee MMA, ABQ, NM)
- Heavyweight: Padro Ingram 1-0 (City Wolves, El Paso, TX) vs. Mario Moore 1-1 (Lutrell/Yee MMA)
- Strawweight: 0-0 (Legacy, Las Cruces, NM) vs. David Hudson 1-1 (Desert Dynasty, Alamogordo, NM)
*Card subject to change
Team MMA for life. MMA Journalist since April 2011