Back in the win column, “Groovy” Lando Vannata will look to keep the ball rolling when he heads to Denmark for UFC Fight Night 160.
Excerpts from interview with Lando Vanatta:
September 28th, in Copenhagen, you take on Marc Diakese. What are your thoughts about fighting another talented, explosive, competitor?
“I’m pretty stoked about it. He’s another great martial artist, very explosive, a very dangerous fighter; a good stand-up guy. We’ve watched a lot of tape. We’ve prepared very well. I’m in amazing shape right now. My technique’s solid; offensively, defensively, on the feet, on the ground, and everywhere in between. And I just feel ready to go.”
What is it going to take to get to the big fights you want to be in?
“Keep doing what I’m doing. My skill set is where it needs to be. I had to take some hard losses and go through some adversity to get where I’m at now. And I feel very confident in my skill set at the moment. Just got to go out there and get a couple wins.”
How nice was it to get a finish in your last fight after 4 close ones went the distance?
“Yeah man, it was great. It was great going out there get a finish, not take any damage. A first-round finish, dominate, dominate performance. That’s what we all train for. That’s what we all like to do. We’re all ready for war, we don’t want to get into a war. We want to go in and be dominate.”
Check out the full interview at the top of the page.
Current fight card
- Middleweight: Jack Hermansson (20-4) vs. Jared Cannonier (12-4)
- Welterweight: Gunnar Nelson (17-4-1) vs. Gilbert Burns (16-3)
- Light Heavyweight: Ovince St. Preux (23-13) vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk (14-2)
- Middleweight: Alen Amedovski (8-1) vs. John Phillips (21-9)
- Light Heavyweight: Ion Cutelaba (15-4) vs. Khali Rountree (8-3)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Macy Chiasson (5-0) vs. Lina Lansberg (9-4)
- Middleweight: Alessio Di Chirico (12-3) vs. Makmud Muradov (22-6)
- Welterweight: Alex Oliveira (20-7-1) vs. Nicolas Dalby (17-3-1)
- Lightweight: Mark O. Madsen (8-0) vs. Danilo Belluardo (12-4)
- Welterweight: Siyar Bahadurzada (24-7-1) vs. Ismail Naurdiev (18-3)
- Lightweight: Marc Diakiee (13-3) vs. Lando Vannata (10-3-2)
- Bantamweight: Nohelin Hernandez (10-3) vs. Jack Sore (11-0)