It will be almost one year since Nate Diaz last fought when he returns to action on December 19 to face Michael Johnson at UFC on FOX 17 in Orlando, Florida.
Diaz (17-10, #14 ranked lightweight) will look to overcome a disappointing loss to current lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos, who simply dominated Diaz, taking the decision. The performance was also poor for Diaz as he missed weight, resulting in Dos Anjos’ camp agreeing to fight at a catch weight.
Michael Johnson also suffered a disappointing outcome in his last fight, losing in a close split-decision to Beneil Dariush at UFC Fight Night 73 just two weeks ago. The fight was extremely close, and left some fans feeling that Johnson should have been awarded with the win.
Prior to his loss to Dariush, Johnson (17-9) had an impressive four-fight winning streak at hand, and is currently ranked fifth in the lightweight division.
The fight between Nate Diaz and Michael Johnson will be a great addition in is shaping up to be a stacked card. Here is the current lineup for UFC on FOX 17:
- Rafael Dos Anjos (C) vs. Donald Cerrone – UFC Lightweight championship bout
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
- Nate Diaz vs. Michael Johnson
- Nate Marquardt vs. C.B Dolloway
- Josh Samman vs. Tamdan McCory
Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by GPinPitt (see all)
- “The Wolverine” Ethan Goss Aims For Gold At WCC 17 - July 19, 2016
- 5 Fights The UFC Should Make For Fedor If Signed - September 2, 2015
- UFC 191 Preview - September 2, 2015