Did you or your loved one ever suffer from injuries that resulted from an accident involving a truck? If answered yes, you are most likely suffering from extreme pain and confusion while trying to determine the next steps to take. A truck accident lawyer in OC can help in identifying the responsible party, collecting evidence, gathering contact details of eyewitnesses, and negotiating with the insurance companies.
A professional truck accident attorney is a knowledgeable person who can handle every aspect of your case and allow you to focus on your injured family member rather than stay confused about the technicalities of the case. If you are someone who is still not convinced about hiring a professional lawyer for your personal injury case, here are a few points that you may keep in mind.
How to determine liability in a truck accident case
Due to the share wait and size of the commercial trucks, truck accident cases are more complicated than vehicle car crashes. You might end up believing that the truck driver is the only person responsible for the accident but there might be numerous other parties who can be held account for your damage and injuries. Here is a list of defendants in a truck accident case that you should be aware of:
- The truck driver
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The trucking company
- The shipping company that loaded the cargo
- Government entities
- Insurance companies
In case a portion of the truck suddenly failed during travelling and this cost the accident, the truck manufacturer or the tracking company has to bear some responsibility for the damage. It is the task of a truck accident lawyer to recognize the responsible parties and hold them liable in a lawsuit case.
A truck accident lawyer builds a solid case
A lawyer can compile a claim that has to be presented to the insurance company or even present your case in court. Here are a few other tasks done by a truck accident lawyer.
- He investigates the scene of the accident and collects evidence in your case that includes videos and photos from the scene of the accident, police reports, data from the electronic information system of the truck, expert testimony, and statements from eyewitnesses.
- He gathers all your medical bills and expenses that are linked to the injury and that prove your loss. As per the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, car accident injuries usually required emergency care in a hospital.
- He recognizes all responsible parties and insurance companies.
- He negotiates with the insurance careers for a better settlement on your behalf
- If required, he also takes the case to trial in the event the insurance companies tonight to settle it outside court.
Therefore, if you have ever been a victim of a truck accident or there is a family member who has suffered from a similar kind of injury, get in touch with a truck accident lawyer who has had experience in handling such cases.
MyMMANews.com – We cover everything from MMA, BJJ, Bare Knuckle, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Judo