WSOF 30 preliminary bouts kicked off here on MyMMANews.com at 8:30 p.m. ET (5:30 p.m. PT). The event took place at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. In the main event two division champion David Branch put his middleweight title on the line against challenger, Clifford Starks. Branch would successfully defend and retain his title.
Also, standout wrestler Jon Fitch took on submission specialist Joao Zeferino for the vacant welterweight title. The title was stripped from Rousimar Palhares after holding onto a submission after the conclusion of his title defense against Jake Shields. Ironically, both Shields and Palhares competed earlier tonight in England at Polaris 3 (not against one another). Fitch would go on to win a unanimous decision and his first major title.
The bout went the entire five rounds with Fitch winning a unanimous decision and becoming the undisputed champion.
U.S. viewers were able to view the prelims above before the main card shifted to NBCSN at 11:30 p.m., here on MyMMANews.com
Full WSOF 30 results include:
MAIN CARD (NBCSN, 11:30 p.m. ET)
- Champ David Branch vs. Clifford Starks via unanimous decision (49-44, 49-44, 49-44) – for middleweight title
- Jon Fitch defeated Joao Zeferino – for vacant welterweight title via decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Vinny Magalhaes defeated Jake Heun via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Abu Azaitar defeated Danny Davis Jr. via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MyMMANews.com, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov defeated Matthew Frincu via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:05
- Rex Harris defeated Clinton Williams via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Steve Kozola defeated Matt Church via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:57
- Adam Acquaviva defeated Andres Ponce via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:10
- Zach Bunnell defeated Jeff Roman via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)