Fight Night Feasts – Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper BBQ Ribs – UFC Las Vegas
Today we have a recipe for what might be the easiest meal we have ever done on Fight Night Feasts. You will love these Dr. Pepper BBQ ribs that fall right off the bone. No need for a knife, don’t even bring one to the table.
Break out the slow cooker for UFC Las Vegas on Saturday. This meal is so simple, all you have to do is set it, and forget it.
4 lbs. of pork ribs (I used bone in)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. liquid smoke
1 cup bbq sauce (you can use any kind you like, I used Sweet Baby Rays)
12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper
- Remove any sinew from the ribs if there is any. (Sinew is that tough fibrous tissue uniting the muscle to the bone). You might not have any. You can buy ribs that are already pre-cut for you in the grocery store. If you do buy a whole slab, cut it into 4 parts to fit in the slow cooker.
- . Add the ribs to the cooker, then add the pepper, garlic powder, and liquid smoke.
- Drizzle the bbq sauce on top. Then pour the Dr. Pepper in.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours without opening the lid. I repeat, do not open the lid.
- When time is up, you will have mouthwatering ribs that fall right off the bone.
Serve with a side of mashed potatoes if you like. You can even add more bbq sauce to the ribs if you want.
UFC Las Vegas weigh-in results below:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
Petr Yan (136) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (134.5)
Alexander Volkov (258) vs. Alexandr Romanov (264.5)
Nikita Krylov (213) vs. Ryan Spann (213) — 215-pound catchweight bout
Ricardo Ramos (154)* vs. Austin Lingo (145.5) – cancelled
Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (135.5)
Vitor Petrino (204) vs. Anton Turkalj (205)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 3 p.m. ET)
Karl Williams (240.5) vs. Lukasz Brzeski (245)
Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Davey Grant (136)
Sedriques Dumas (184.5) vs. Josh Fremd (186)
Mario Bautista (136) vs. Guido Cannetti (136)
Ariane Lipski (125.5) vs. JJ Aldrich (125.5)
Victor Henry (136) vs. Tony Gravely (136)
Tyson Nam (125.5) vs. Bruno Silva (125.5)
Carlston Harris (169.5) vs. Jared Gooden (177)**
*Ramos missed the featherweight limit by eight pounds. His bout with Austin Lingo has been cancelled
**Gooden missed the welterweight limit by six pounds. His bout with Carlston Harris will proceed at a catchweight with Gooden forfeiting 30 percent of his purse as penalty
MyMMANews.com – We cover everything from MMA, BJJ, Bare Knuckle, Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Judo