UFC Vegas 20 has taken a hit as Randy Brown and Raoni Barcelos are off the card.
On Monday morning, MMAJunkie reported that Brown was out of his welterweight bout against Alex Oliveira due to undisclosed reasons. To make matters worse, Barcelos announced on social media shortly after that he tested positive for COVID-19 and is out of his short-notice fight against Marcelo Rojo.
Brown was looking to return to the win column after his TKO loss to Vicente Luque last time out. Before that, he scored a submission win over Warlley Alves and a TKO win over Bryan Barberena. In the UFC, he is 6-4. It is uncertain if the UFC will find a replacement for Brown to keep Oliveira on the card.
Raoni Barcelos, meanwhile, has had a hard time getting fights. He has campaigned to face top-ranked bantamweights but hasn’t gotten the chance. The Brazilian was initially scheduled to face Raphael Assuncao on this card but Assuncao was forced off the event. Rojo, a UFC newcomer, then stepped up to face the Brazilian at a 140-pound catchweight. Barcelos is undefeated in the UFC and riding a nine-fight winning streak, including wins over Said Nurmagomedov and Chris Gutierrez. Just like Oliveira, it is uncertain if the UFC will keep Rojo on the card and find him a short-notice replacement.
UFC Vegas 20 airs live on ESPN+ starting at 5 p.m. ET with the main card at 8 p.m. ET.
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder
- Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
- Alex Oliveira vs. TBD
- Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
- William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Marcelo Rojo vs. TBD
- Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Maxim Grishin vs. Dustin Jacoby