Valentina Shevchenko defended her belt at UFC 247 but she was medically suspended for 181 days.
In the co-main event of UFC 247, Shevchenko was taking on Katlyn Chookagian where she was looking to defend her belt for the third time. She ultimately did just that as she TKO’d Chookagian, but she got the longest medical suspension by the Texas Commission.
Two other fighters also got 181-day suspensions in Andre Ewell who beat Johnathan Martinez by split-decision and Journey Newson who knocked out Domingo Pilarte in 38 seconds.
Both Jon Jones and Dominick Reyes only got 31 days for their light heavyweight title fight that saw “Bones” defend his belt. But, many had thought the undefeated challenger won the fight.
Most other fighters only got 30 days or less with the likes of Derrick Lewis only getting 10 days for his fight with Ilir Latifi where he won by decision. It was a close fight but the heavyweight fan-favorite got his hand raised.
Check out a full list of the UFC 247 medical suspensions below (via MMA Junkie).
(Note: No specific injury details were given. It’s also important to note that, due to the lack of specific information, it’s unclear if any fighters have the ability to have their suspensions shortened if cleared by a doctor.)
- Austin Lingo: Suspended 31 days
- Youssef Zalal: Suspended 10 days
- Alex Morono: Suspended 61 days
- Khaos Williams: Suspended 31 days
- Jonathan Martinez: Suspended 31 days
- Andre Ewell: Suspended 181 days
- Domingo Pilarte: Suspended 61 days
- Journey Newson: Suspended 181 days
- Miles Johns: Suspended 61 days
- Mario Bautista: Suspended 31 days
- Andrea Lee: Suspended 31 days
- Lauren Murphy: Suspended 31 days
- James Krause: Suspended 31 days
- Trevin Giles: Suspended 10 days
- Ilir Latifi: Suspended 31 days
- Derrick Lewis: Suspended 10 days
- Mirsad Bektic: Suspended 31 days
- Dan Ige: Suspended 31 days
- Juan Adams: Suspended 61 days
- Justin Tafa: Suspended 31 days
- Katlyn Chookagian: Suspended 46 days
- Valentina Shevchenko: Suspended 181 days
- Dominick Reyes: Suspended 31 days
- Jon Jones: Suspended 31 days