Fight Of The Night: Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold
Performance Bonuses: Conor McGregor, Leonardo Santos
• The co-main event war between Weidman vs. Rockhold, which resulted in Rockhold winning the UFC middleweight title, won fight of the night honors. It took four rounds, but Rockhold got the stoppage after bloodying Weidman in the third round and continuing to inflict pain on his upper body and face in the fourth.
• Santos’ first round KO of Kevin Lee got picked for one of the performances of the night. The winner of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil Season 2 caught Lee with a perfect right early in the fight for the stoppage
• Conor McGregor’s 13-second victory over Jose Aldo – which ended the Brazilian’s 10-year undefeated run and unified the UFC Featherweight championship for the Irishmen – captured the second performance bonus
• All four fighters earn $50k for their efforts tonight
Founder of MyMMANews.com
– After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them tick.
– #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80’s and 90’s Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously….. I watch a lot of movies.