Kimbo Slice press conference – Bellator 134
A special press conference featuring newly signed Bellator fighters Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock was held today one hour prior to the start of the Bellator 134: British Invasion preliminary bouts.
The conference which was held at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut came one day after the fight between the two combatants was announced for June 20 in Missouri.
The fight was originally supposed to happen in 2008 when both fighters were under the Elite XC banner however Shamrock was injured while warming up for the contest and had to withdraw. Seth Petrzuelli stepped in and eventually knocked out the YouTube sensation.
Bellator President Scott Coker opened the press conference with remarks about Shamrock’s previously engaged bare knuckle bout lined up for April in the U.K. Slice thought Coker was talking about the bout he has scheduled with Shamrock and he asked “This is a bare knuckle fight? I’m down with that.” Coker quickly assured Slice “this is an MMA fight, not bareknuckle.”
“People say I’m doing this for the money. Of course I am. It’s not the only reason I’m doing it,” Shamrock said.
“I don’t want to go fishing. I don’t want to go hunting. I enjoy being in a room with a bunch of guys training for a fight,” Shamrock said.
The conference was brief but ended with Coker stating “This is going to be the main event. There are going to be some fireworks. I’m looking forward to it.”
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Diego Sanchez meets Matt Brown at welterweight in Norfolk, Virginia - August 16, 2017
- Nevada Athletic Commission approves 8 oz. gloves for Mayweather-McGregor, judges, referee announced - August 16, 2017
- Top 5 MMA News Sites – Where to get your mixed martial arts news while avoiding click bait - August 16, 2017