WSOF 24 took place tonight, and fans were able to watch a live video stream and obtain official results here on MyMMANews.com beginning at 5:15 p.m. ET (2:15 p.m. PT).
The event took place at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut. In addition to two title fights, former UFC title challengers Jon Fitch and Yushin Okami met in the headliner.
It was a back and forth battle between the two former UFC title challengers but in the end the judges decided that Fitch had done enough to get the nod. He will now advance to fight Jake Shields for the now vacant title after Rousimar Palhares was stripped of the championship.
The main card shifted to NBCSN at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Full WSOF 24 results include:
MAIN CARD (NBCSN, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- Jon Fitch defeated Yushin Okami via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Champ Blagoi Ivanov defeated Derrick Mehmen via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:33 – for heavyweight title
- Nick Newell defeated Tom Marcellino via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vinny Magalhaes defeated Matt Hamill via submission (kneebar) – Round 1, 1:08
- Magomed Bibulatov defeated Donavon Frelow via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)– for inaugural flyweight title
PRELIMINARY CARD (MyMMANews.com, 5:15 p.m. ET)
- Rick Glenn defeated Adam Ward via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 1:27
- Alexandre Almeida defeated Saul Almeida via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:23
- Colton Smith defeated Washington Nunes da Silva via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Patrick Walsh defeated Tyler King via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rex Harris defeated Justin Torrey via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Bruce Boyington defeated Rodrigo Almeida via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Gina Iniong views rematch with Mei Yamaguchi as gateway to world title shot - November 20, 2017
- Ben Askren has no intention of giving up welterweight gold in career’s final bout - November 20, 2017
- Volkan Oezdemir arrested on aggravated battery charge in Florida - November 19, 2017