After pulling out of a bout with Ben Rothwell just over a week ago, Stipe Miocic will step back into the UFC octagon in just a few short months.
Miocic will fight Andrei Arlovski (25-10) at UFC 195, January 2 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Although Miocic (13-2) pulled out of the Rothwell fight that was supposed to happen this weeknd at UFC Dublin, his manager Greg Kalikas said the fighter’s injury wasn’t severe enough to keep him out of action for long. Rothwell was pulled entirely from the card with no replacement fight in sight.
The latest UFC 195 lineup now includes:
- Champ Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit – for welterweight title
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Stipe Miocic
- Drew Dober vs. Erik Koch
- Edgar Garcia vs. Sheldon Westcott
Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them tick.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.
Fifth-straight win will earn him strawweight validation, says Rene Catalan - July 21, 2018
Invicta FC 30, UFC Hamburg, DWTNCS, PFL, more on Split Decision MMA Podcast - July 21, 2018
UFC Hamburg, Bellator Welterweight Grand Prix, more on SFLC Podcast - July 21, 2018