Metamoris is quickly becoming one of the most popular Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu events on the planet. With big named competitors and stars, fans are willing to pay to stream an online pay-per-view and this weekend will be no different as Metamoris holds their 5th event.
The card is headlined by Renzo Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (worth the price of viewing right there), but the card recently took a hit as Kevin Casey was forced to pull out due to injury. Casey was to compete against one of the most accomplished competitors in all BJJ, Vinny Magalhaes.
Now with just days before the event, Metamoris has an offer on the table.
Transcriptionage of what Ralek Gracie, founder of Metamoris said to the MMA Hour
“Normally, we would just replace Kevin with another person and make the announcement. But what we wanna do is invite the entire community of martial arts to engage. We’re basically created an open opportunity for any athlete to come in. You basically have to have a black belt in jiu-jitsu.”
But wait, what if your black belt is in another style? No worries, says Ralek.
“If you don’t have a black belt in jiu-jitsu, but you’re like a really solid judo guy, or sambo, or something like that, and you have a black belt in that art, that works. But we’re open to anybody. If you can beat Vinny Magalhaes, we’re putting $10,000 on the line. If you lose or draw, you won’t get paid the $10,000.”
$10,000 on the table if you can beat Magalhaes. Easier said than done.
He was a finalist in The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir and has fought five times within two stints with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He is the former M-1 Global Light Heavyweight Champion and is also a multiple time jiu-jitsu gi and no-gi world champion. Magalhaes is the current Titan Fighting Championships light heavyweight champion.
Some of his other accomplishments below:
- ADCC Submission Wrestling Championship
- 2013 Quarterfinalist in the 99+ Division
- 2011 Gold Medal in the 99+ Division
- 2009 Bronze Medal in the -99 kg Division
- 2009 Bronze Medal in the Absolute Division
- World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (Mundial) notables:
- 2007 1st place in the “Super Heavyweight” division
- 2007 3rd place in the “SuperSuper Heavyweight” division
- 2005 1st place the Absolute division
- 2005 1st place in the Super Heavyweight division
- 2003 3rd place in the Absolute division
- 2002 1st place the Heavyweight division
- 2001 2nd place in the Abolute division
- 2000 3rd place in the Middleweight division
If you think you are the guy to defeat Magalhaes, email email@example.com with your age, weight, name of the place you train, photo and an explanation why they should pick you.Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Ana Julaton talks Friday night’s fight at Bellator 185 – SFLC Podcast - October 18, 2017
- Copa Combate – Women’s Co-Main Event Added To Live TV Broadcast - October 18, 2017
- Limited-Edition Randy Couture Bobblehead to be Released at Bellator 186 on Nov. 3 - October 18, 2017