Jeremy Stephens will remain at lightweight but gets a new opponent for his return.
Stephens was set to face Drakkar Klose on April 17, but at weigh-ins, Stephens shoved Klose and it caused his hand to go numb and his neck to tighten up. The fight was then scrapped but the plan according to Dana White, was to rebook the fight. However, that will no longer be the case as according to MMAJunkie, Stephens will return on July 17 against Mateusz Gamrot. The event does not have an official location or the main event as of right now.
Jeremy Stephens (28-18 and one no contest) is winless in his last five fights but he was fighting the elite of the featherweight division. The veteran lost by TKO to Calvin Kattar, a decision to Yair Rodriguez, a no contest to Rodriguez, a decision loss to Zabit Magomedsharipov, and a TKO loss to Jose Aldo. His last win came back in 2018 where he knocked out Josh Emmett in the main event. In his career, he also holds notable wins over Doo Ho Choi, Renan Barao, Darren Elkins, Rafael dos Anjos, and Gilbert Melendez.
Mateusz Gamrot (18-1 and one no contest) lost his UFC debut by decision to Guram Kuteladze in a very close fight that some thought Gamrot won. He did pick up his first promotional win back in April with a KO win over Scott Holtzman. The 30-year-old is the former KSW lightweight champion and beat Norman Parke twice in the promotion.
With the addition of Jeremy Stephens vs. Mateux Gamrot, the July 17 lineup is as follows:
- Marion Reneau vs. Miesha Tate
- Amir Albazi vs. Ode Osbourne
- Sergey Morozov vs. Khalid Taha
- Guram Kutateladze vs. Don Madge
- Cameron Else vs. Aaron Phillips
- Herbert Burns vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Francisco Figueredo vs. Malcolm Gordon
- Anderson dos Santos vs. Miles Johns
- Alan Baudot vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Islam Makhachev vs. Thiago Moises
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jeremy Stephens
Cole Shelton covers MMA for BJPenn.com, MMANews, and MyMMANews.com while also being the lead MMA odds writer for Sports Betting Dime