On paper, the main event of the the Ultimate Fighter 22 Season 22 Finale would possibly be the best fight the UFC has put forth this year. Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar who has also competed for the organization’s featherweight title went up against two time featherweight title contender, Chad Mendes. The bout was scheduled for five rounds but it took less than five minutes for Edgar to knock Mendes out. Many had thought that if the fight was going to end in a knockout it would have been Mendes using his power to put the finish on the fight. Instead, Edgar will now sit back tomorrow night and seek out the winner of the Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor fight.
Ryan Hall was crowned the winner of The Ultimate Fighter Season 22 after taking Artem Lobov to a decision.
The puzzle in determining this season’s Ultimate Fighter was complicated. Saul Rogers would win his semi-final bout against Marcin Wrzosek, yet have his opportunity in the finale taken away as UFC President Dana White came on after the show concluded to say that Rogers provided inaccurate information on his U.S. visa application, and the English fighter is now barred from entering the country. As a result, grappling specialist and Team Faber fighter Ryan Hall got a second shot. Hall lost to Rogers on the show and facedLobov for the opportunity. Lobov himself was eliminated from the show but brought back on after a new clause in the season allowed for a fighter to come back in.
Tony Ferguson and Edson Barboza was everything it was hyped up to be and more. The two lightweights battered and bloodied each other in one of the bloodiest bouts in UFC history before Ferguson was able to finish Barboza with a D’Arce Choke.
Full TUF 22 Finale Reults below:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Frankie Edgar defeated Chad Mendes via KO – Round 1, 2:28
- Ryan Hall defeated Artem Lobov via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26) – “TUF 22” lightweight tournament final
- Tony Ferguson defeated Edson Barboza via submission (D’Arce Choke) Round 2, 2:54
- Evan Dunham defeated Joe Lauzon via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-26)
- Tatsuya Kawajiri defeated Jason Knight via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Julian Erosa defeated Marcin Wrzosek via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Gabriel Gonzaga defeated Konstantin Erokhin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-28)
- Ryan LaFlare defeated Mike Pierce via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Geane Herrera defeated Joby Sanchez via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:28
- Chris Gruetzemacher defeated Abner Lloveras via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Chris Lytle returns to action, competing in Bare Knuckle Boxing - November 22, 2017
- Behind the Scenes with Fitness Gurls Swimsuit 2017 Cover Girl Brittney Palmer - November 22, 2017
- Ben Askren faces off with Shinya Aoki at ONE: Immortal Pursuit kickoff press conference - November 22, 2017