The UFC returns to Moscow for UFC on ESPN+ 21 on Saturday, but before the action takes place in the Octagon, the event’s participants stepped on the scale to make their fights official.
On Friday, all 26 fighters successfully hit their marks for Saturday’s event as CSKA Arena in Moscow, Russia. The event will be headlined by a highly intriguing featherweight matchup between Zabit Magomedsharipov and Calvin Kattar. Both headliners weighed in at the featherweight limit at 146 pounds.
Sporting an impressive 13-fight winning streak, Magomedsharipov has delivered on the hype that has been bestowed upon him thus far in his UFC career. The 28-year-old has won all five of his Octagon appearances, finishing three of those to rise up the 145-pound rankings. Most recently, Magomedsharipov defeated Jeremy Stephens at via unanimous decision at UFC 235 in March.
Kattar will look to move to 5-1 in the UFC in his biggest opportunity to date. After suffering his first blemish in the Octagon to Renato Moicano at UFC 223 last April, “The Boston Finisher” bounced back with a pair of impressive first round finishes over Chris Fishgold and Ricardo Lamas.
In the co-main event, Alexander Volkov will take on the polarizing Greg Hardy in a heavyweight slugfest. Volkov successfully made weight at 251 pounds, while the former NFL defensive standout weighed in at 265 pounds.
Check out the full results below, and if you missed it, check out the ceremonial weigh-ins in the video above.
UFC on ESPN+ 21 weigh-in results:
Main card, ESPN+, 2 p.m. EST
- Zabit Magomedsharipov (146) vs. Calvin Kattar (146)
- Alexander Volkov (251) vs. Greg Hardy (265)
- Zelim Imadaev (171) vs. Danny Roberts (170)
- Khadis Ibragimov (206) vs. Ed Herman (206)
- Anthony Rocco Martin (171) vs. Ramazan Emeev (171)
- Shamil Gamzatov (206) vs. Klidson Abreu (206)
Preliminary card, ESPN+, 11 a.m. EST
- Magomed Ankalaev (205) vs. Dalcha Lungiambula (204)
- Sergey Khandozhko (171) vs. Rustam Khabilov (171)
- Karl Roberson (184) vs. Roman Kopylov (185)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov (170) vs. David Zawada (170)
- Alexander Yakovlev (156) vs. Roosevelt Roberts (156)
- Pannie Kianzad (136) vs. Jessica-Rose Clark (135)
- Grigorii Popov (136) vs. Davey Grant (136)
Mike Heck is the a freelance MMA journalist covering the sport for a number of websites. Specializing in video interviews, Mike interviews everybody from prospects, to title contenders, to world champions, along with other influential personalities in the sport of MMA. Subscribe to his channel at https://youtube.com/mikeheckmma.