A bout with food poisoning spoiled the UFC debut of former Cage Fury Fighting Championship’s star Jared ‘Flash’ Gordon (12-1) earlier this month at UFC 211.
Flash was set to take on Michael Quinones in Dallas when just hours before the event kicked off Gordon had to be removed due to illness.
Food poisoning, also called foodborne illness, is illness caused by eating contaminated food. Infectious organisms — including bacteria, viruses and parasites — or their toxins are the most common causes of food poisoning.
Infectious organisms or their toxins can contaminate food at any point of processing or production. Contamination can also occur at home if food is incorrectly handled or cooked.
Food poisoning symptoms, which can start within hours of eating contaminated food, often include nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
Instead of booking the fighters against new opponents, the UFC today announced that the fight was rescheduled for June 25 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.
A pro since 2011, Gordon has finished seven of 12 bouts, and has won three in a row leading into the biggest fight of his career. Fresh off a decision win over Bill Algeo at CFFC 63 in February that garnered the attention of UFC President Dana White on his “Lookin’ for a Fight” series, the 28-year-old will square off with Florida’s Quinones, a hard-hitting prospect who has won five straight, three by knockout.
Lightweight contenders cMichael Chiesa and Kevin Lee collide in the evening’s main event.Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Australian Muay Thai competitor dies attempting to make weight for fight - November 20, 2017
- Gina Iniong views rematch with Mei Yamaguchi as gateway to world title shot - November 20, 2017
- Ben Askren has no intention of giving up welterweight gold in career’s final bout - November 20, 2017