“Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address. However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”
The report states there was a bench warrant out for the light heavyweight champions arrest before he fought Thiago Santos at UFC 239.
According to various reports, there was an alleged incident at TD’s Eubank Showclub in April involving Jones. There, Albuquerque Police say a waitress called officers to her house where she said Jones allegedly slapped her inappropriately. He allegedly then went on to pull her down to his lap and kiss her while she was at work. The waitress also says he put her in a chokehold and told him to stop numerous times. Yet, he allegedly didn’t stop touching her and now Police have charged Jones with battery.
Jones reportedly never showed up at a bond arraignment for the charge in June, but Jones’ representatives say he wasn’t aware of it. His representatives also dispute the allegations against Jon Jones and say he has paid the $300 cash bond on Sunday where the warrant was then lifted.
He also went to social media to make a few posts to say he was not in any trouble. And, people should not believe everything they see on the internet.
There are various reports on this incident but Jones and his representatives say he was not a part of this incident at all.