Ryan Ford Suspended
The Edmonton Combative Sports Commission has suspended World Series of Fighting (WSOF) welterweight Ryan Ford for failing to disclose a broken arm he suffered prior to a losing effort against Jake Shields in WSOF 14’s main event last month.
Shields defeated Ford via rear-naked choke in the very first round of their title eliminator fight and later revealed that he went into the fight with a broken arm.
Ford suspension will last six months and he has 14 days to appeal the decision.
“What’s fair or not fair doesn’t really matter,” Ford said. “It is what it is. It’s funny cause guys go into fights always injured. They have said it after fights in interviews (that they suffered) broken hands, ribs, nose torn, knees. Do they get suspended? Maybe not a broken arm lol but that’s the difference that separates me from others.
Is it fair that a fighter get suspended for competing while injured when many fighters have gone on the record to say that nobody goes into a fight 10 percent healthy if you are training hard? Will this ruling set a precedence?
“(I’m) not going to appeal. Six months is six months. I have time to heal and recover and fight in the new year.”
Following WSOF 14, Ford revealed in a video that he had injured himself while sparring and said WSOF officials were unaware of the issue.Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- USKA Night of Champions results from Allentown, Pennsylvania - October 21, 2017
- CFFC 68 results – Two titles to be decided in Atlantic City - October 21, 2017
- UFC Fight Night 118 results from Gdansk, Poland – Cerrone vs. Till - October 21, 2017