Besides going down as the greatest mixed martial arts card assembled of both amateur and professional bouts inside the Keystone State this year, WCC has a whole lot more to offer for fight fans.
First, giving back to the community. WCC would like to collect toys for needy children during this holiday season. If you are attending Saturday night’s epic lineup, please consider donating an unwrapped toy to the Clare House. The Clare House serves homeless women and children in a caring environment, through life skills training and support, leading to self-sufficiency. Find out more about Clare House here.
The second benefit: The Ring Card Girls. According to promoter, Doug Yasinsky, “We have the hottest ring card girls in the region.”
You be the judge.
But of course, the reason fight fans will pack the Lancaster Host Resort is because of the amazing fight card that Yasinsky and staff have assembled.
Let’s break down a few bouts:
- Gospel Uche vs John Brennan for the featherweight title is rematch of their XFE 39 bout back in April 2014. Uche won the fight via split decision. This time however the fight is in a different organization and Brennan is the WCC 145-pound champion.
- The first amateur title bout on the night is going to be explosive. Ryan Carroll who trains out of Hybrid 570 MMA in East Stroudsburg, PA takes on the hometown favorite, Gracic 717’s Zak Kelly. Carroll is a student under former pro boxer, Don Cioffi who has coached fighters such as Rich Patishnock, Scott Heckman, Sean “Shorty Rock” Santella, Eric Roncoroni and more. Kelly is on a three fight win streak. In his last bout, Kelly shot of cracks of thunder with his kicks to the body of Justin Adams. This will be Kelly’s 15th amateur bout; with a win, it is time for him to appear on the pro scene.
- Kyle Daukaus vs BDot Jones in an advanced amateur rules bout is an another very exciting fight and is actually the first fight after the evening’s intermission so if you are in the restroom, you are gonna want to shake it off and get back to your seats. Daukaus (3-4) is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Kyle Cassel back in August. BDot (3-2) is coming off back-to-back losses, however, his first three wins were all via KO or TKO so Daukaus needs to be weary of those hands.
- In the co-main event, Blaine Shutt sees a last minute change of opponent as his originally scheduled undefeated opponent pulled out due to injury. “The Shuttdown” is patiently awaiting the call from the UFC.
- In the main event Matt Lozano returns to the cage for the first time since breaking his arm while fighting for the World Series of Fighting (WSOF). MyMMANews interviewed Lozano earlier this week. Check it out.
Below is the full fight card.
Shawn Kepner vs. Kyle Cassel
Brandon Fent vs. Zack Vanderslice
Andy Falenski vs. Kody Lupfer
Matt Ibbotson vs. Tyler Vajda (Advanced Amateur Rules)
Kaheem Murray vs. Brian Knarr
Ryan Carroll vs. Zak Kelly (Amateur Lightweight Title)
Kyle Daukaus vs. BDot Jones (Advanced Amateur Rules)
Gospel Uche vs. John Brennan (Amateur Featherweight Title)
Adam Roll vs. Mike Hefflefinger
Andre Cuff vs. Blaine Shutt (Co-Main Event)
Corey Simmons vs. Matt Lozano (Main Event)
The Lancaster Host Resort is located at 2300 Lincoln Highway, Lancaster, PA. You can purchase tickets here: http://www.wccmma.com/Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- Ronda Rousey wins WWE title, first woman to hold UFC and pro wrestling gold - August 20, 2018
- Brave 14 Results from Tangier, Morocco – Ottman Azaitar wins by KO - August 18, 2018
- Filthy Tom Lawlor, Gleison Tibau, MMA news on Split Decision MMA - August 18, 2018