Angela Hill is not letting a controversial decision loss slow her down.
Hill’s three-fight unbeaten streak came to halt with a split decision loss to former title challenger Claudia Gadelha at UFC on ESPN 8 this past Saturday, May 16. Out of 17 media outlets to score the bout on MMADecisions.com, 13 scored it 29-28 in favor of Hill.
Although two of the three judges scored the bout in Gadelha’s favor, “Overkill” is living up to her nickname. Hill said she is willing to take a fight in two weeks while on The Luke Thomas Show via SiriusXM on Monday, May 18.
“I didn’t get hurt in that fight. I don’t know what those significant strikes were on the punch count that she landed, but they didn’t do anything to me. They didn’t hurt my face, they didn’t rock me,” Hill said to Thomas.
“I don’t mind taking a few weeks off, but if they gave me a name, I’d jump in there immediately just because I know I can beat anyone now.”
I won that fight @danawhite. Book me on the island, Arizona, apex wherever and I’ll carve up more of your girls. Ready to go next week.
— Angela Hill (@AngieOverkill) May 17, 2020
Not staying down for long
Hill is one of the most active fighters on the entire UFC roster, already fighting three times in 2020. The 34-year-old previously defeated Loma Lookboonmee in January and Hannah Cifers in February.
After going 3-5 in her first eight UFC bouts, Angela Hill started gaining momentum with a trio of victories. With no medical suspensions following her bout with Gadelha, Hill is ready to go again.
The UFC’s next card is scheduled for May 30. UFC 250 is set to take place about a week later on June 6. Whatever card it is, Hill wants a spot.
“Now that I feel like I can take on anyone, especially after this last fight, I’m like, ‘Bring it,’” Hill said. “I’m more motivated than after my three-fight win streak. I’m more motivated now just because I have that confidence that I beat Claudia Gadelha’s ass.”