B.J. Penn vs Dennis Siver added to UFC 199
UFC Hall of Famer, B.J. Penn will return to action at UFC 199, June 4 at The Forum in Los Angeles, California.
‘The Prodigy’ retired from mixed martial arts competition several years ago but announced he would be coming back to the sport earlier this year.
Penn’s return bout was delayed after allegations of drug use and sexual assault were made public by a former staff writer on the B.J. Penn news site. The UFC hired a third party investigator to look into the matter.
“We have taken a look at the available facts, which aren’t too substantial, and there are two stories of what happened,” UFC COO Lawrence Epstein told Yahoo! Sports. “To date, there has no action at all taken by any law enforcement agency. We decided to allow B.J. to fight. However, we are going to continue to monitor to the situation. If new information, more information, becomes available to us, obviously, we reserve the right to reevaluate.”
With approval to return, Penn will now fight Dennis Siver at UFC 199 in a featherweight matchup.
The latest UFC 199 lineup now includes:
- Champ Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman – for middleweight title
- Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber – for bantamweight championship
- Bobby Green vs. Dustin Poirier
- Evan Dunham vs. Leonardo Santos
- Kevin Casey vs. Elvis Mutapcic
- Luiz Henrique da Silva vs. Jonathan Wilson
- “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim vs. Polo Reyes
- Tom Breese vs. Sean Strickland
- John Makdessi vs. Mehdi Baghdad
- B.J. Penn vs. Dennis Siver
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them click.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.