MMA legend, Fedor Emelianenko has been released from the hospital after his battle with COVID-19.
Last Week, Emelianenko revealed on Instagram he was battling the virus and it got so bad he needed to go to the hospital.
“Thanks to all who are genuinely concerned for my health,” Emelianenko said. “I feel fine, I am going into recovery. I’m grateful to the doctors and medical staff for their care and hard work.”
Since he was in the hospital, there has been little news on his condition. However, late Tuesday evening, Russian outlet, TASS reported that Emelianenko is doing much better and out of the hospital.
The good news is that Emelianenko overcame the virus. The MMA community has already seen countless people lose their lives to the virus. The report also states he is still dealing with a loss of taste and smell. However, he is doing much better and appears to have gotten past the worse part of the virus.
Fedor Emelianenko is 39-6 and one no-contest in his career. The Russian has not fought since he scored a first-round KO over Quinton Jackson at Bellator 237 in Japan in December of 2019. The hope for Bellator was to have his farewell tour in 2021. They also wanted to have fans in the building to watch Emelianenko fight.
As of right now, there is no word on who his next fight will be. But, there are plenty of options. He could face the likes of Josh Barnett, and Tito Ortiz who have said they would be interested in fighting Emelianenko in his retirement fight. In his career, the MMA legend holds notable wins over Frank Mir, Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski, Mark Coleman, Mirko Cro Cop, and Mark Hunt.
Regardless of when Fedor Emelianenko fights again, the good news is that the Russian legend is doing much better.
Cole Shelton covers MMA for BJPenn.com, MMANews, and MyMMANews.com while also being the lead MMA odds writer for Sports Betting Dime