Austin Vanderford watch his Post-Fight press conference above.
Bellator 251 takes place Thursday, Nov. 5 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card airs on CBS Sports Network after prelims streamed on live on Bellator’s youtube channel. They will return with its latest offering on Thursday night when Melvin Manhoef takes on Corey Anderson in the main event of Bellator 251.
Originally expected to fight Chris Curtis, Austin Vanderford (9-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) now faces former LFA welterweight title challenger and current CES MMA champion Vinicius De Jesus in a middleweight bout.
Vanderford last competed in November 2019, when he defeated Grachik Bozinyan by unanimous decision at Bellator 234. He has since competed in multiple grappling matches and was set to return at Bellator 246 in September but was forced out after he tested positive for COVID-19. Vanderford and wife Paige VanZant headed to the sunshine state to join ATT. Training at an affiliate in Portland for years. A really strong wrestler as he was a national amateur wrestling champion. He has excellent chain wrestling and once on top, he is very dominant.
De Jesus has won four of his last five fights. Six of his nine professional wins have come by knockout.
Check out the Bellator 251 results here.
Bellator 250 prelims (4:45 p.m. ET)
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Bryce Logan, Lightweights
- Alex Polizzi vs. Julius Anglickas, Light Heavyweights
- Janay Harding vs. Jessy Miele, Women’s Featherweights
- Ali Zebian vs. Piankhi Zimmerman, Lightweights
- Jaylon Bates vs. Joe Supino, Bantamweights
- Sumiko Inaba vs. Jessica Ruiz, Women’s Flyweights
Bellator 250 main card (7 p.m. ET)
- Corey Anderson vs. Melvin Manhoef, Light Heavyweights
- Tyrell Fortune vs. Said Sowma, Heavyweights
- Austin Vanderford vs. Vinicius De Jesus, Middleweights
- Derek Anderson vs. Killys Mota, Welterweights
- Date: Nov. 5 | Start time: 4:45 p.m. (prelims) | 7 p.m. (main card)
- Location: Mohegan Sun Arena — Uncasville, Connecticut
- TV: CBS Sports Network | Live stream: Bellator Youtube Channel (Prelims Only)
First locked my eyes on MMA in 2011, and from that night I knew I was invested – haven’t took my eyes of MMA since.
Growing up watching some of the greats to lock horns, and watch the best MMA has to offer, GSP,Silva, Jones and many more.
Been dedicated more then ever to write articles for MMA more then ever, the mission is to get to the top and wont stop until that is accomplished,