Bellator 138 Results- Kimbo TKO’s Shamrock
Bellator 138 took place to at St. Louis’ Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri and was headlined by a heavyweight of Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson (4-2) vs. the UFC Hall of Famer and mixed martial arts legend, Ken Shamrock (28-15-2). Bellator President Scott Coker said before the event that he believes this fight will be the most watched televised MMA fight in history.
Shamrock was able to get the takedown early on and secure a rear-naked choke. Kimbo Slice appeared to want to tap however he held on and fought out of the hold. When the two fighters got back to their feet it took mere seconds for the YouTube sensation to knock Shamrock to his feet before referee Big John McCarthy stepped. in.
The event was co-headlined by a featherweight title bout between champion Patricio Freire (23-2) and challenger Daniel Weichel (35-8).
Before Bellator 138 began a special press conference was held where it was announced that Coker will bring back the concept of a single-night tournament for September’s Bellator 141 event, which will also feature three GLORY kickboxing contests, as well.
“Bellator 141: Dynamite” takes place Sept. 19 at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., the former home of Strikeforce, where Coker served as CEO. The arena setup will feature a ring, where the kickboxing contests will take place, as well as the standard Bellator cage, which will host the MMA bouts.
On that same night Tito Ortiz will attempt to close out his MMA career by capturing the Bellator light heavyweight title currently held by Liam McGeary.
An elimination tournament was announced to determine the next contender to the title and will feature former champion Emanuel Newton, King Mo Lawal, Linton Vassell and Phil Davis.
Official Bellator 138 results below:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Kimbo Slice defeated Ken Shamrock via TKO (punches) – Round 1 – 2:22
- Champ Patricio Freire defeated Daniel Weichel via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:32 – for featherweight title
- Bobby Lashley defeated Dan Charles via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:14
- Daniel Straus defeated Henry Corrales via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 3:47
- Michael Chandler defeated Derek Campos via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:17
PRELIMINARY CARD (7 p.m. ET)
- Garrett Mueller vs. A.J. Siscoe
- Kain Royer vs. Enrique Watson
- Rashard Lovelace defeated Matt Helm via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:58
- Justin Guthrie defeated Steven Mann via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 1:09
- Justin Lawrence defeated Sean Wilson via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:56
- Chris Heatherly defeated Garrett Gross via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kyle Kurtz defeated Adam Cella via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 4:13
- Hugh Pulley defeated Eric Irvin via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Miles McDonald defeated Dan O’Connor via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:30
Follow MyMMANews.com on Social Media
Latest posts by Eric Kowal (see all)
- CM Punk to get another shot in UFC, likely this year - January 22, 2018
- KASAI Pro 2 185lbs (83.9kg) Amateur Qualifier Set for March 3 - January 22, 2018
- KASAI Announces Second Pro Event - January 22, 2018