Historic Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City Hosts Invicta FC 18
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder of MyMMANews.com
- After writing for Ultimate MMA magazine and serving as the editor for U.S. Combat Sports, both of which went on hiatus, I decided to venture out on my own and enlist a staff of writers and photographers that could help me achieve my goal of telling stories that would otherwise go untold. We pride ourselves in taking a deeper look into the fighter, and understanding what makes them click.
- #1 Dad, Marine Corps Veteran, 80's and 90's Pro Wrestling Fan, MMA Commentator, Beer Lover, and avid movie watcher. Seriously..... I watch a lot of movies.
Strawweights Alexa Grasso, Jodie Esquibel Headline Invicta FC 18, Friday, July 29 from Historic Landmark Scottish Rite Temple
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana vs. Taila Santos
Flyweight: Agnieszka Niedzwiedz vs Claudia Rey
Bantamweight: Cindy Dandois vs. Jessamyn Duke
Featherweight: Megan Anderson vs. Peggy Morgan
Strawweight: Manjit Kolekar vs. Lynn Alvarez
Bantamweight: Sijara Eubanks vs. Amberlynn Orr
Kansas City, Mo. – Invicta Fighting Championships returns to Kanas City for its 18th event on Friday, July 29 as Scottish Rite Temple – a nationally recognized historic landmark – hosts Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel.
Unbeaten strawweight phenom Alexa Grasso (7-0) makes her main event debut on UFC FIGHT PASS, taking on Jackson-Wink MMA product Jodie Esquibel (5-1), who returns to the Invicta FC cage for the first time since 2014.
In the co-main event, Grasso’s teammate, former bantamweight title challenger Irene Aldana (6-2) welcomes 22-year-old Brazilian prospect Taila Santos (13-0) in her first appearance for the promotion.
Also scheduled for Invicta FC 18:
- Belgian bantamweight Cindy ‘Battlecat’ Dandois (6-2) takes on UFC veteran Jessamyn ‘The Gun’ Duke (3-4, 1 NC)
- Undefeated prospects Agnieszka ‘Kuma’ Niedzwiedz (7-0) of Poland and Claudia Rey (6-0) of Brazil clash at flyweight
- Australian import Megan Anderson (6-2) looks to make it three in a row against Peggy ‘Daywalker’ Morgan (4-3) in a featherweight tilt
- Manjit Kolekar (8-0) of India puts her unblemished record on the line in a strawweight scrap with veteran Lynn ‘Lights Out’ Alvarez (6-3)
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Sijara ‘SarJ’ Eubanks battles fellow bantamweight Amberlynn ‘ALO’ Orr, who makes her professional debut
The seven announced bouts for Invicta FC 18 can be found below:
Strawweight: Alexa Grasso (7-0) vs. Jodie Esquibel (5-1)
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (6-2) vs. Taila Santos (13-0)
Flyweight: Agnieszka Niedzwiedz (7-0) vs Claudia Rey (6-0)
Bantamweight: Cindy Dandois (6-2) vs. Jessamyn Duke (3-4, 1 NC)
Featherweight: Megan Anderson (6-2) vs. Peggy Morgan (4-3)
Strawweight: Manjit Kolekar (8-0) vs. Lynn Alvarez (6-3)
Bantamweight: Sijara Eubanks (1-1) vs. Amberlynn Orr (0-0)
Additional bouts for Invicta FC 18 will be announced at a later date.
Tickets for Invicta FC 18 go on sale Wednesday, June 22 at CageTix.com.