The stories coming out of Iran and its Human Rights violations continue to roll in with harrowing frequency. At MyMMANews we started covering the issues in Iran with the murder of Navid Afkari, an Iranian wrestler. Since then, Iran has continued to imprison and kill several other athletes and I, as the author, have taken the responsibility on documenting the crimes on Iran’s athletes to better shed light on what happens to normal people every day. That brings us to Khaled Pirzadeh, a body builder who has sewn his lips shut in a hunger strike against his imprisonment in Iran.
Khaled Pirzadeh was imprisoned in Tehran, Iran for five years due to assembly and collusion and an extra two for insulting the Supreme Leader.
Pirzadeh had surgery on his foot and once out of surgery, guards allegedly beat him and hurt Pirzadeh’s spine and legs, leaving him unable to walk. He also has been denied medical attention for a heart problem.
For his mistreatment and the human rights violations, Pirzadeh and other political prisoners have sewn their lips shut in a hunger strike to protest the denial of parole.
Khaled Pirzadeh and Iran Human Rights Violations
The story of Khaled Pirzadeh is just the latest in a long history of the Iran regime mistreating citizens. He’s only the latest on Iran’s long list of a tortuous history.
Last year, Iranian wrestler Navid Afkari was sentenced to death for false crimes. The sentencing caught the eye of Dana White and President Donald Trump who both pleaded for his life. Sadly, the pleas from the president and White fell on deaf ears and Afkari was executed.
This practice of executing athletes has been happening for years. Earlier this year, we released a story on Jamali Mehdi Fashi who was executed under similar circumstances as Afkari.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Khaled Pirzadeh and his family for a safe return home.
Check out our previous coverage of the mistreatment of Irani citizens and athletes.
- Navid Afkari Sentenced to Two Death Sentences for Fake Crimes, White/Trump Step In
- Navid Afkari Executed This Morning By Iranian Government
- Reza Tabrizi Faces Death Penalty For Alleged Crimes in Iran
- Reza Tabrizi Instagram Account Seized By Iranian Government, Screenshots From His Now-Private Profile
- Iranian Wrestler Mehdi Ali Hosseini Sentenced To Death In Iran
- Mehdi Ali Hosseini Latest Athlete Executed By Iranian Government
- More Details Surrounding The Murder of Navid Afkari
- Iran Executed Boxing Coach, Ali Mutairi, Torture and Forced Confession Suspected
Your friendly neighborhood fight fan. I watch way too many fights and my wife lets me know it.