Keeping the fight energy flowing for fans, CES will re-air one of their classic events on Friday. The promotion will broadcast their ‘CES 13: Real Pain’ event which took place back in 2012. The promotion will be showing their event on both their Facebook and YouTube platforms starting at 7pm EST.
The event was headlined by former WWE champion Dave Bautista making his professional MMA debut and it would be the only fight he made in MMA as he transitioned out of the professional wrestling world. Bautista took on veteran Vince Lucero at super heavyweight nd it was a quick victory for the former WWE champion.
The rest of the card that will be featured on Friday is listed as below:
- Dave Loiseau vs Chris McNally (Middleweight)
- Brett Chism vs John”Doomsday” Howard (Middleweight)
- Mike “The Beast” Campbell vs Gemiyale Adkins (Middleweight)
- Saul “The Spider” Almeida vs Calvin Kattar (Featherweight)
- Luis “Rockstar” Felix vs Marc Stevens (Lightweight)
- Josh Diekmann vs Tyler King (Heavyweight)
- Greg “Ribz” Rebello vs Chris Guillen (Light heavyweight)
- Andre “Asian Sensation” Soukhamthath vs Rob Costa (Bantamweight)
- Brennan Ward vs Shedrick Goodridge (Middleweight)
- Nate “The Snake” Andrews vs Leon Davis (Lightweight)
Long-time fans of CES MMA will recognize some of the listed names including John “Doomsday” Howard Calvin Kattar, Greg Rebello, and Andre Soukhamthath, and Luis “Rockstar” Felix. Some of those fighters have gone on to have good runs in the UFC including Soukhamthath and Kattar, who is a rising prospect in the UFC’s featherweight division and continues to get close to a title shot opportunity with each of his impressive performances.
While CES MMA could not move forward with their planned event for this upcoming weekend on April 24, they are providing fans with a true classic event from their history with names that can jump out to all fans of the sport.
Mike Pendleton is a current contributor to MyMMANews while also hosting his “On The Mic” podcast and is a former Associate Producer at Sirius XM’s Fight Nation.
With a special passion for interviewing and talking to the very best around the fight game, you can read or listen to Mike’s work across his multiple outlets.
Follow me on Twitter: @MP2310